Create and respond to text (SMS) or picture (MMS) messages, add, save, and view received attachments and more.
In this tutorial you will learn how to:
• Access messages
• Compose & send a message
• Read & respond to a new message
• Delete a message
When a new message is received, the New Message icon will display in the Notification bar.
From the home screen, select the Messaging app.
1. Select the Start chat icon.
2. Select the 'To' field, then enter the desired recipient.
Note: To create a Group Message, select Start group conversation then add the desired recipient(s) to the 'To' field.
3. Compose and send a message using the following options as desired.
• ENTER MESSAGE: Select the 'Text message' field to enter the desired message.
• ADD ATTACHMENT: Select the Add icon and follow the prompts to add an attachment.
• SEND A MESSAGE: When finished composing a message, select the Send icon to send the message.
From the Messaging inbox, select the desired message thread.
VIEW/SAVE AN ATTACHMENT: To view an attachment, select the desired attachment. To save an attachment, select the Save icon.
REPLY TO A MESSAGE: Enter desired message in the 'Chat message' field, then select the Send icon.
FORWARD A MESSAGE: Select and hold the desired message, then select the Menu icon. Select Forward and follow the prompts to forward the message.
From the desired message thread, select and hold the desired message then select the Delete icon. Select Delete again to confirm.
DELETE MESSAGE THREAD: From the Messaging screen, select and hold the desired message thread then select the Delete icon. Select Delete to confirm.
By default, attachments will be saved to the Messaging folder in the Photos app. To view saved attachments, from the home screen select the Photos app > Albums tab > Messaging.
Great! We're so glad we could help.
We're sorry that didn't solve your issue.