Set up and manage your eSIM (dual SIM) to use one number for personal and one number for work or for travel.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
• Set up eSIM
• Manage cellular plans
• Switch cellular plan for phone call
• Switch cellular plan for message
• Erase eSIM
If you are trying to find your EID for your associated eSIM, view the Find IMEI & Serial number tutorial.
1. From the home screen, swipe down from the Notification bar with two fingers, then select the Settings icon.
2. Select Network and internet, then select the Add icon next to SIMs.
3. Select Download a SIM instead? to activate an eSIM. Select Next to confirm.
4. Select Next, then select the desired network.
5. Select Activate to activate your AT&T number.
6. Your AT&T number is now active and ready for use.
1. To switch between cellular plans, from the SIMs screen, select the SIM not currently being used for data.
Note: Both of your phone numbers can make and receive voice calls and send and receive messages. However, your phone can only use one cellular data network at a time.
2. Select the Use SIM switch, then select Yes to confirm.
Note: If prompted, select Use to confirm.
1. From the home screen, select the Phone app.
2. Select the Menu icon, then select Settings. Select Calling accounts.
3. Select Make calls with, then select the desired option.
4. To switch cellular plans while placing a call, select Change SIM.
From a message thread in the Messages app, select the SIM icon then select the desired SIM.
1. From the SIMs screen, select the desired eSIM.
2. Scroll to and select Erase SIM. Select Erase to confirm.
Note: For more information, visit Using Dual SIM with an eSIM.