In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
• Set a security lock
• Change lock type
• Change lock screen timeout
• Lock and unlock device
• Request your device be unlocked from the AT&T network
Set a security lock
1. Swipe down from the Notification bar
with two fingers, then select the Settings icon
2. Scroll to and select Security & privacy
3. Select Device lock
, then select the desired device lock
4. Select the desired backup screen lock method then follow the prompts to complete set up.
Note: For this demonstration Fingerprint + Pattern was selected. If you forget your Pattern lock and did not set up a Fingerprint backup, you will have to reset your device. Visit the Reset Device tutorial for alternate reset instructions.
5. Edit Lock screen notification settings
as desired, then select Done
6. Select Setup
, then follow the prompts to set up your fingerprint. When finished, select Done
or select Add another
to add additional fingerprints.Note: Review the Easy shortcuts prompt then select Learn more to enable or select Not now to continue without enabling shortcuts.
Change lock type
From the Security screen, select Screen lock > enter your current screen lock > select the new desired screen lock type and follow prompts to complete set up.
Change lock screen timeout
1. From the Security screen, select the Settings icon next to Screen lock.
2. Select Lock after screen timeout, then select the desired timeout duration.
Lock and unlock device
• LOG IN USING THE SECURITY LOCK: If using fingerprint, place your finger on the fingerprint sensor located on the Power/Lock button. To use your backup screen lock, from the lock screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen then enter your backup screen lock.
• LOCK DEVICE: Press the Power/Lock button located on the right side of the device.
Request your device be unlocked from the AT&T network