In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
• Set a security lock
• Change lock type
• Change lock screen timeout
• Lock and unlock device
Set a security lock
1. Swipe down from the Notification bar
with two fingers, then select the Settings icon
2. Select Security
3. Select Fingerprint
.Note: To set up a screen lock other than fingerprint, from the Security screen, select Screen lock then select the desired option. Follow the prompts to complete set up.
4. Select the desired backup screen lock method, then follow the prompts to complete set up.
Note: For this demonstration Fingerprint + Pattern was selected. If you forget your Pattern lock and did not set up a Fingerprint backup, you will have to reset your device. Visit the Reset Device tutorial for alternate reset instructions.
5. Edit Lock screen notification settings
as desired, then select Done
6. Scroll down and select I agree
, then follow the prompts to set up your fingerprint. When finished, select Done
or select Add another
to add additional fingerprints.
Change lock type
From the Security screen, select Screen lock > enter your current screen lock > select the new desired screen lock type and follow prompts to complete set up.
Change lock screen timeout
1. From the Security screen, select the Settings icon next to Screen lock.
2. Select Lock after screen timeout, then select the desired timeout duration.
Lock and unlock device
• LOG IN USING THE SECURITY LOCK: To unlock your device using a fingerprint, place your finger on the fingerprint sensor located on the back of the device. To use your backup screen lock, swipe up from the bottom of the lock screen then enter your backup screen lock.
• LOCK DEVICE: Press the Power/Lock button located on the right side of the device.