Determine your current device software version and check for updates.
In this tutorial you will learn how to:
• View software version
• Check for software updates
1. From the home screen, select the Settings app.
Note: The images and steps in this tutorial reflect the latest software version (iPadOS 15). For more information on the latest update available for your device, check att.com/softwareupdates.
2. Select General, then select About.
3. Software Version and Carrier will be displayed.
1. From the Settings screen, select General then select Software Update.
Note: Your device must be plugged in to a power source in order to update wirelessly. Before you update, back up your device to iCloud or your Mac. Updates may download automatically while your device is connected to Wi-Fi and a power source. If an update is available, select Download and Install and follow the prompts. If you use a passcode, you'll need to enter it before installing the update. To turn automatic software updates on or off, select Customize Automatic Updates then select the desired switches.
3. If you can’t update wirelessly or if you want to update with Finder, connect the device to the computer using the included USB-C cable.
4. Open Finder on your computer.
5. Click the connected device, then click Check for Update.
Note: If an update is available, click Update and follow the prompts. If you don't have enough free space to update using Finder, you'll need to delete content manually from your device. Find out what to do if you get other error messages while updating your device.
Great! We're so glad we could help.
We're sorry that didn't solve your issue.