Learn how to download and manage items from the App Store and remove apps.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
• Download and install an app
• Update an app
• Delete an app
• Edit App Store settings
The below steps require to you access the App Store. To access the App Store, select the App Store app from the home screen.
Note: You need an Internet connection and an Apple ID to use the App Store. Learn more about the App Store. First-time users will be prompted with a tutorial and location request. Select the desired option to continue.
1. Select the Search tab, then select the Search field.
2. Enter the desired app name, then select a suggestion or select the search key on the keyboard.
3. To search for apps by category, from the App Store select the Apps tab > scroll to Top Categories > select See All.
4. Select the desired category.
5. To purchase, redeem, and download, select the Price next to the desired app, then select Purchase to confirm. To download a free app, select GET then select Install to confirm. To download a previously downloaded app, select the Download from iCloud icon.
Note: If you see the Download icon instead of a price, you've already purchased the app and you can download it again without charge.
4. While the app is downloading or updating, the App icon appears on the Home screen with a progress indicator.
1. From the App Store, select the User account icon.
2. App updates will be listed under AVAILABLE UPDATES. Select UPDATE next to the desired app to update an individual app. Select Update All to update all apps with an available update.
Note: Automatic app updates is on by default. To save battery life, turn off auto updates. From the home screen, select the Settings app > App Stores > App Updates switch.
1. Select and hold the desired app, then select Remove App.
2. Select Delete App to confirm.
Note: You will be prompted to select Delete again to confirm.
From the home screen, select the Settings app then scroll to and select App Store. Edit settings as desired.
Great! We're so glad we could help.
We're sorry that didn't solve your issue.