Connect, use and charge the Apple Pencil.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
• Connect Apple Pencil
• Use Apple Pencil
• Use Scribble
• Access Apple Pencil settings
• Charge Apple Pencil
1. Apple Pencil requires a Bluetooth connection in order to be used and charged. To enable Bluetooth, swipe down from the top right edge of the screen to access the Control Center, then select the Bluetooth icon.
2. Magnetically attach your Apple Pencil to the right side of your device.
Note: When connecting for the first time, a Welcome prompt will appear. Select Continue > Done.
1. Apple Pencil allows you to mark up notes, screenshots, and more. To write notes, from the Home screen, select the Notes app.
2. Select the Compose icon.
3. Write or draw your desired note. To access Apple Pencil modes, select the Markup icon.
Note: The more pressure that is applied, the darker and thicker the pen strokes will be. The less pressure that is applied, the lighter and thinner the pen strokes will be. Alternately, switch modes by double tapping the Apple Pencil.
4. Select the desired mode.
5. To mark up screenshots or photos, from the Home screen, select the Photos app.
6. Navigate to and select the desired photo, then select Edit.
7. Select the Markup icon.
8. Write or draw your desired note. When finished, select Done.
Note: Select Done again to save all changes.
1. With iPadOS 15 or later, Scribble allows you to write by hand in any text field across iPadOS, scratch to delete, circle a word to select it easily, and more. To enable scribble, select the Settings app. Select Apple Pencil, then select select the Scribble switch.
Note: To view a Scribble tutorial, select Try Scribble.
2. From any text field, use the Apple pencil to write the desired text.
3. The handwriting will automatically convert to text.
4. To delete text, scratch out the desired text.
5. To insert or remove a space between words, draw a line between the words.
6. To select a word, draw a circle or draw a line through the text.
1. From the Home screen, select the Settings app.
2. Select Apple Pencil, then adjust settings as desired.
Magnetically attach your Apple Pencil to the right side of your device. The Apple Pencil will begin to charge.
Note: To view The Apple Pencil's battery percentage, select the Settings App > Apple Pencil. When the pencil is charging, the Charging icon will appear at the top of the Apple Pencil screen.
Great! We're so glad we could help.
We're sorry that didn't solve your issue.