Create and respond to text (SMS) or picture (MMS) messages, add, save, and view received attachments and more.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
• Access messages
• Compose & send a message
• Read & respond to a new message
• Delete a message
When a new message is received, the New Message icon will display in the Notification bar.
1. From the home screen, select the AT&T Messages app.
2. Select the Compose message icon.
From the Messaging inbox, select the desired message thread.
VIEW AN ATTACHMENT: To view an attachment, select the desired attachment.
SAVE AN ATTACHMENT: To save an attachment, select and hold the desired attachment then select Download.
Note: By default, attachments will be saved to the Downloads folder in the Gallery app. To view saved attachments, from the home screen select the Gallery app > Albums > Downloads.
RESPOND TO A MESSAGE: Select the desired option.
• REPLY: Enter the desired message in the 'Write a message...' field, then select the Send icon.
• FORWARD: Select and hold the desired message, then select Forward and follow the prompts to forward a message.
From the desired message thread, select and hold the desired message then select Delete.
Note: You will be prompted to select Delete again to confirm.
DELETE MESSAGE THREAD: From the Messages screen, select the Delete icon next to the desired message thread. Select Delete to confirm.
Access the Messaging Settings tutorial to manage settings.