1. When turning the device on for the first time or after a factory reset, you will be walked through a series of prompts to set up your device. Select the desired language, then select Continue.
2. If you would like to connect to a Wi-Fi network, select the desired network name and follow the on-screen prompts. Select Skip to continue on your mobile network.
3. If you would like to restore data from your old device to your new device, select the desired option and follow the prompts. Select Don't copy to set up the device without restoring.
4. Logging into a Google account is required if you intend to use Google Services such as the Play Store, Gmail, Google Maps, and more. If you would like to add your Google account, enter your Email or phone number then follow the prompts. If you do not have an account but would like to add one, select Create account. If you would like to continue without setting up an account, select Skip. Select Next to continue.
5. Review the Google Services prompt. Select I agree to continue setting up the device.
Note: You will only receive this screen if you added your Google account.
6. Review the Google services prompt, then select the desired switches. When finished, select ACCEPT.
7. Review the Software License Terms and Hardware Warranty & Agreement, then select I agree.
8. Review the Sign in with Microsoft prompt. To sign into a Microsoft account, select Sign in and follow the prompts. To continue without signing in to a Microsoft account, select Skip.
9. Review the Privacy settings prompts, then select the desired switches. When finished, select Accept
10. If you would like to Protect your Surface Duo and set up a screen lock for security, select Next and follow the on-screen prompts. To proceed without setting up a screen lock, select Skip.
11. Review the Microsoft Surface Pro feature prompts to get a better feel for your device, then select Next to continue.
What's in the box?
• 4FF Nano SIM
• Charging block
• Micro-USB Cable
• Quick Start Guide
• Removable lithium ion 2500mAh battery