Learn how to access and use Camera modes, effects, customization, and crop a photo.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
• Access camera modes
• Customize photo & video settings
• Turn shutter sound on/off
• Crop a photo
• Access filters
• Use Magic eraser
• Use Night Sight
From the Camera app, swipe left or right to access modes such as Night Sight, Portrait, and Video. Swipe left to Modes to select Panorama, Photo Sphere, and Lens.
Note: Night Sight allows you to take pictures in the dark. Portrait captures a picture with a sharp subject against a blurred background. Panorama allows you to create wider photos by stitching together multiple photos. Photo Sphere allows you to create a 360º photo by stitching together multiple photos. Lens searches what you see and provides relevant online information.
From the Camera app, swipe down or select the Settings icon to access settings. Edit settings as desired. Select More settings to access more settings.
Note: Settings vary depending on the camera mode.
From the Camera settings screen, select the Camera sounds switch.
1. From the Camera app, select the Gallery icon. Swipe to the desired photo, then select the Edit icon.
Note: Alternately, from the Apps tray, select the Photos app, then navigate to and select the desired photo.
2. Select Crop. Select and drag the crop corners to crop as desired, then select Save.
While editing a photo, swipe left on the bottom area to Filters. Select the desired filter, then select Save to apply.
1. While editing a photo, swipe left on the bottom area to Tools, then select Magic eraser.
2. Circle or select any area on the image to erase.
3. While editing with the magic eraser tool, various functionalities are avilable. Select the desired option:
• RESET: Select Reset to revert the image back to its original state.
• UNDO: Select the Undo icon.
• REDO: Select the Redo icon.
4. When finished, select Done.
From the Camera app, swipe right to Night Sight, then select the Capture icon and hold the camera very still for about 5 seconds.