In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
• Set up eSIM during Device Setup
• Set up eSIM after Device Setup
• Manage cellular plans
• Switch cellular plan for phone call
• Switch cellular plan for message
• Erase eSIM
If you are trying to find your EID for your associated eSIM, view the Find IMEI, Serial number, & EID tutorial.
Set up eSIM during Device Setup
Note: If you're blind or have low vision, you can turn on VoiceOver or Zoom from the Hello screen. To find your IMEI/MEID and ICCID, select Info icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
3. Select your language
4. Select your country
. Note: This affects how information will look on your device, including date, time, contacts, and more.
5. Review the Quick Start prompt. Select Set Up Manually
to set up your iPhone manually. Note: Quick Start is a feature that allows you to transfer data and content from an old device to your new one during set up. On your old device select Continue > hold up your new iPhone to the camera of the old phone > enter the old device's passcode on your new device.
7. After connecting to a Wi-Fi network, your device will automatically attempt to activate it's eSIM and connect to the AT&T Cellular network. You will receive a prompt saying your device is activated, select Continue
.Note: The iPhone 14 Pro & iPhone 14 ProMax use an eSIM. You will need to activate your device's eSIM or transfer your active line of service to your new iPhone's eSIM. For assistance on setting up your device's eSIM, visit AT&T support article eSIM Activation Guide or Bring Your Own Device or Phone (BYOD) to AT&T.
8. Follow the prompts to continue setting up your device.Note: Visit the Device Setup tutorial for more assistance.
Set up eSIM after Device Setup
1. From the home screen, select the Settings app
. Select Celullar
, then select add eSIM
2. Your device will automatically attempt to activate it's eSIM and connect to the AT&T Cellular network. You will receive a prompt saying your device is activated, select Continue.
Manage cellular plans
To switch between cellular plans, from the Cellular screen, select the desired plan then edit settings as desired.
Switch cellular plan for phone call
From the Keypad in the Phone app, select the current line then select the desired line.
Note: While on the current line, incoming calls to the other line will route straight to voicemail.
Switch cellular plan for message
When composing a message in the Messages app, select the current line then select the desired line.
From the Cellular menu in Settings, select the desired eSIM number. Select Delete eSIM.
Note: You will be prompted to select Delete eSIM to confirm. For more information, visit Using Dual SIM with an eSIM.