: This article applies to AT&T local home phone service. Don't have traditional phone service? Find information on Phone service
or wireless service
Three-Way Calling lets you talk to two people at the same time with ease. They may be in different places, even long-distance.Activate
- To add someone to a call, quickly press and release the hang-up or flash button.
- Listen for dial tone.
- Call the person you want to add.
- When they pick up, press and release the hang-up or flash button again to complete the three-way connection.
Simply hang up to end both conversations or allow one of the other parties to hang up - resulting in a regular two person call.Helpful hints
- You can talk privately with the second person before adding the first caller.
- You must call the third party that will be added to the existing call; you can't add an incoming call onto an existing call.
- You can make consecutive calls to different third parties by hanging up for two seconds and waiting for the dial tone.
- Toll or long distance charges will apply as usual.