You can secure your home network using MAC addresses, unique identifiers found on every Wi-Fi enabled device. When you enable MAC address filtering, only devices that you've enabled can connect to your network.
These steps should only be performed by advanced users. Read the following instructions completely before proceeding, as failure to accurately and completely perform all steps may result in the loss of connectivity.Note
: You will need to gather the MAC address for all devices you want to access your Wi-Fi home network. Every device will have a different process to obtain its MAC address. Refer to your service documentation or manufacturer’s website for detailed instructions. MAC filtering
- Go to your gateway settings.
- Enter the Modem Access Code found on the side of your gateway.
- Select Home Network > Mac Filtering.
- From the MAC Filtering Type dropdown, select Enabled.
- In Mac Filter Entry, either:
- Select your devices’ MAC addresses
- Enter the MAC address in the Manual Entry field
- Select Add.
- Select Save.