Traveling outside of the U.S.? No worries. You can use Wi-Fi Calling
to stay connected. To use it, you must have:
- A Wi-Fi® internet connection
- A compatible AT&T wireless phone or AT&T PREPAID phone with Wi-Fi turned on and an eligible plan
- An AT&T wireless or AT&T PREPAIDSM account set up for HD Voice
When using Wi-Fi Calling, we bill you based on the number you call—no matter whether you’re using Wi-Fi®
at home or while traveling abroad. This means that:
- You can call U.S. numbers with no additional charge. Plus, it won’t count as voice airtime usage.
- When you call 411 and other premium numbers, we bill you at standard premium rates.
- We bill calls to a number outside of the U.S. as an international long distance (ILD) call – even if you bought an international plan. If you’re traveling abroad, this includes calls to the country you’re in.
To avoid unexpected ILD charges when outside of the U.S., use Wi-Fi Calling only for calls to the U.S. Be sure to turn off Wi-Fi Calling for all other calls if you have an international talk, text, and data plan.