To update the software
- Make sure your device is sufficiently charged and connected to Wi-Fi.
- From the Windows store, download and install the Windows 10 Upgrade Advisor app to your device.
- Open the Windows 10 Upgrade Advisor app and enable the checkbox for Enable Windows 10 Upgrade.
- If the upgrade is available, follow the prompts to download and install the upgrade.
- If the upgrade isn't yet available for your device, you'll see a message advising the update is not yet available and to check back at a later date.
- If the device isn't eligible at all for the upgrade to Windows 10, you will see a screen informing you of the same.
You may also manually check for update availability by:
To verify the update
- From the Start screen, scroll to and tap Settings.
- Scroll to and tap Phone update.
- Tap Check for update.
- The device will determine if new software is available, and begin downloading the software update.
- When complete, a completion message will be displayed.
- From the Start screen, scroll down and tap Settings > About > More Info.
- Your device has the latest software if the Windows, Baseband, and Software versions match the current update details.