Not sure what type of data plan you want? Compare data-only plansGood to know
: To activate a data-only plan, your device must have an AT&T SIM card, Apple SIM card, or an embedded Apple SIM. If you didn't buy your device from AT&T or if you need a new SIM, order an AT&T SIM card online.
Monthly DataConnect wireless plan
Buying a new device or ordering an AT&T SIM card online?
Prepaid DataConnect Pass
Each DataConnect Pass includes a specific amount of data for a certain length of time. Here's what to know:
- You have to buy a new Data Connect Pass plan when you use all the data or reach the expiration date.
- Your expiration date stays the same, even if your device doesn't send or receive data or you don't use all the data.
- New DataConnect Pass data won't take effect until you use all your previous data or reach the expiration date.
To buy a DataConnect Pass:
- Go to one of these pages:
- Tap Get your Pass to set up a new account.
- Enter the IMEI, and then the ICCID or CSN device info. For help finding these go to Device help or the manufacturer’s website.
- Follow the prompts to:
- Create a DataConnect Pass account (this differs from from myAT&T account).
- Complete your data plan activation.
Add an international option
Select one of the following to add a compatible internation option.
- To add a prepaid DataConnect Pass Global option: Create a DataConnect Pass account or sign in to yours at att.com/ipadlanding (for iPads) or att.com/buyasession (for other mobile devices). Select Add Worldwide Data Plan and follow the prompts.
- To add an international data option for AT&T wireless: Review your options and follow the prompts to add one.
International DataConnect Pass can be scheduled to start when you're ready to travel. International and domestic off-network (roaming) data use may be at 2G speeds.
Get help with cellular data connections
If you got confirmation that your data plan is active, but you can't connect to the cellular data network:
- Make sure that the device's cellular data is turned on.
- If you're traveling internationally, make sure that data roaming is turned on.