- Trade-in eligible: You’re eligible to trade in your smartphone and upgrade to a new smartphone after paying off a certain percentage of your smartphone’s price.
- For AT&T Installment Plan with Next Up1, it’s 50% with an active AT&T Next Up feature; for AT&T Next Every Year1, it’s 50%; and for AT&T Next1, it’s 80%. Other trade-in restrictions apply.
- The AT&T Next®1 and AT&T Next Every Year®1 plans are being discontinued. They’re available only from select non-AT&T dealers for a limited time.
- Prepay to upgrade: You can upgrade faster by paying a lump sum to reach the required percentage to trade-in your smartphone. Keep in mind, you'll have to trade in your current smartphone, or start the trade-in process online, before you can upgrade.
- Pay off installment: You can pay off your full installment balance anytime to keep your old smartphone and buy a new one.
If your account is past due or suspended for nonpayment, you may not be able to trade in or upgrade your device.