Use Google Pay to make in-app and tap-to-pay purchases from your device.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
• Set up Google Pay
• Use Google Pay
Google Pay can be used at payment terminals that feature the Google Pay symbol or the Contactless symbol. For more information on using Google Pay in stores visit Pay in Stores. For more information on using Google Pay on an app or website, visit Pay on an app or website.
1. From the home screen, select the Google folder then select the GPay app.
2. Select Continue. Enter the desired phone number, then select Next.
Note: You will receive a code via text message to confirm your account. Enter the code to continue.
3. Review the privacy prompt, then select Next. Review the prompts, then select the desired options to complete set up.
4. Review the Screen lock prompt. Select Set screen lock, then follow the prompts to set up a screen lock.
Note: You must have a Screen lock enabled to use Google Pay. For more information on setting up a screen lock, view the Secure My Device tutorial.
5. To add a method of payment, select the Card icon then select Add a payment method.
6. Select the desired payment method then follow the prompts to complete setup.
To use Google Pay in stores, your phone must be unlocked and NFC must be enabled. To unlock your device, press the Side button located on the right side of the device then swipe up from the bottom of the lock screen.
Note: If you have set up a screen lock, enter your current screen lock or place and hold your finger on the fingerprint sensor on the Side button to unlock.
To enable NFC, swipe down from the Notification bar with two fingers. Swipe left, then select the NFC icon.
Note: By default, the NFC icon is not present in Extended Quick Settings. To add the NFC icon to Extended Quick Settings, swipe down from the Notification bar with two fingers > swipe left > select the Add icon > select and drag the NFC icon to the desired location > Done.
Great! We're so glad we could help.
We're sorry that didn't solve your issue.