In this tututorial, you will learn how to:
• Access messaging settings
• Messaging settings options
• Enable/Diable Emergency Alerts
Access messaging settings
1. From the home screen, select the Messages app
2. Select the Menu icon
, then select Settings
Messaging settings options
Select the desired option to access the desired settings.
• TURN ON/OFF ADVANCED MESSAGING: Select Advanced Messaging > Advanced Messaging switch.
• TURN ON/OFF ADVANCED MESSAGING READ RECEIPTS: Select Advanced Messaging > Share Read Receipt switch.
• ACCESS/EDIT MESSAGE NOTIFICATIONS: Select Notifications.
• ACCESS SMS SETTINGS/VIEW MESSAGE CENTER NUMBER: Select More settings > Text messages. The Message Center number will also be displayed in Text Messages.
• ACCESS MMS SETTINGS: Select More settings > Multimedia messages.
Note: If Advanced Messaging is turned on and you are messaging another device using the most recent version of Advanced Messaging (2020) from AT&T you can share files up to 100MB, get read receipts, and see when someone is replying. To learn more, view Advanced Messaging or visit att.com/advancedmessaging.
Enable/Disable Emergency Alerts
1. From the home screen, swipe down from the Notification bar
then select the Settings icon
2. Select Notifications
, then scroll to and select Advanced settings
3. Select Wireless Emergency Alerts
, then select the desired switches
to enable or disable the desired alerts.