Blocking NumberSync for wearables
The billing account owner and authorized users on the account can block access to NumberSync for wearables. If a block is in place, the user of the smartphone number trying to sync with a wearable smartwatch will receive a message indicating the number has been blocked.
A block may be added to another smartphone line on the account through myAT&T in the add feature flow or by contacting Customer Care.NumberSync for wearables calling hierarchy
The smartwatch will default to Bluetooth upon setup. When the smartphone and smartwatch are in close-proximity, it will use Bluetooth. If you want to use NumberSync, not Bluetooth, you will need to disable Bluetooth on your device. Visit Device Support
to view the tutorial on how to manually turn off Bluetooth.Note:
If you manually turn off Bluetooth, connections to other devices using Bluetooth may be affected. NumberSync for wearables calling rates and usage
NumberSync for wearables texting rates and usage
- Smartphone calls - Incoming and outgoing calling rates apply under your smartphone’s voice plan.
- Smartwatch calls - Incoming and outgoing calling rates apply under your smartwatch voice plan whether it’s synced or not, international rates apply to international numbers.
See all important details
- Smartphone - Incoming and outgoing text messages rates apply. Messages billed under your smartphone’s messaging plan.
- Smartwatch is not synced - Incoming and outgoing text messages apply. Messages billed under your smartwatch messaging plan.
- Smartwatch is synced - Data usage rates under your smartwatch data plan applies to incoming and outgoing text messages on your smartwatch. Messages billed under your smartwatch data plan.