Set up your device for the first time or after a factory reset.
1. When turning the device on for the first time, or after a factory reset, you will be walked through a series of prompts to set up your device. Choose the desired language, then select the Arrow icon to continue.
2. If you would like to connect to a Wi-Fi network, select the desired network name and follow the on-screen prompts. Select the Wi-Fi switch to continue setup without connecting to a Wi-Fi network and to turn off Wi-Fi to save battery life. Alternately, select SKIP to continue without connecting to a Wi-Fi network.
4. Logging into a Google account is required if you intend to use Google Services such as the Play Store, Gmail, Google Maps, and more. If you would like to add your Google account, enter your Email or phone number then follow the prompts to complete sign in. If you do not have a Google account and would like to make one, select Create account. If you would like to continue without signing into a Google account, select Skip. Select Next to continue.
5. If you would like to restore data from your old device to your new device, select the desired device then follow the prompts. Select DON'T RESTORE if you would like to set up the device without restoring.
6. If you would like to set your screen lock now, select the desired option and follow the on-screen prompts for setup. To proceed without activating device protection features, select No, thank you. Select NEXT to continue.
7. Review the Google Assistant prompt, then select CONTINUE.
8. Review the Google services prompt, then select the desired switches. When finished, select ACCEPT.
9. Review additional emails you would like to set up. Select Set up next to the desired account, then follow the prompts to complete. Select NEXT to continue.
10. Review additional services you would like to set up. Select Set up next to the desired service, then follow the prompts to complete. select NEXT to continue.S
11. SETUP & TRANSFER: Setup & Transfer allows you to transfer content and set up voicemail, accounts and services from a previous device. Select START and follow the prompts as desired.
Note: If you would like to proceed without using Setup & Transfer, select SKIP > EXIT.
12. If you would like to sign into your Samsung account, enter your Samsung User ID and password and then select Sign in. If you do not already have a Samsung account, select Create account and follow the on-screen prompts for setup. If you wish to proceed without setting up a Samsung account, select Skip.
13. If you would like to transfer data from your old device to your new device, select the drop-down icon to select the desired device, then select the desired circles. Select RESTORE when finished or select the back arrow to continue without restoring.
14. Select FINISH to complete set up.
Great! We're so glad we could help.
We're sorry that didn't solve your issue.