In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
• Adjust volume
• Activate vibrate and silent mode
• Access additional volume settings
• Change ringtone
• Turn on/off do not disturb mode
• Use Bedtime mode
Press the Volume buttons
located on the right side of the device to adjust the media volume. To access additional volume settings, press either of the Volume buttons
then select the Menu icon
.Note: To use the Volume keys to adjust ring volume, select the either Volume button > Menu icon > Settings icon > Use Volume keys for media switch to disable.
Select and drag the Volume bars
up or down as desired.
Activate vibrate and silent mode
To activate Vibrate or Silent mode, swipe down from the Notification bar
then select the Volume icon
until the desired icon appears.Note: When Vibrate mode is active, the Vibrate mode icon will display in the Notification bar. When Silent mode is active, the Silent mode icon will be displayed in the Notification bar.
Access additional volume settings
1. Swipe down from the Notification bar
, then select the Settings icon
2. Select Sounds and vibration.
3. Edit sound settings
1. From the Sounds and vibration screen, select Ringtone
2. Select the desired ringtone
, then select the Back arrow
Note: For steps to assign a ringtone to a contact, please see the Contacts tutorial.
Turn on/off do not disturb mode
Swipe down from the Notification bar
with two fingers,
then select the Do not disturb icon
.Note: When Do not disturb mode is active, the Do not disturb icon will be displayed in the Notification bar. Do not disturb mode mutes sounds and the screen will remain off for incoming calls and alerts, but not alarms.
Use Bedtime mode
1. Enabling Bedtime mode will automatically darken your screen and set your phone to Do Not Disturb during sleeping hours. From the home screen, swipe down from the Notification bar, then select the Settings icon. Scroll to and select Digital Wellbeing and parental controls.
Note: If it is you first time accessing Digitial Wellbeing or Parental controls, select the desired option.
2. Select Bedtime mode.
3. Select the Turn on as scheduled switch. Edit the schedule as desired.