AT&T Consumer Service Agreement
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The AT&T Consumer Service Agreement contains the terms and conditions for many of AT&T’s wireless, internet, and phone services. This Agreement includes a set of universal terms (“General Terms”) and specific Service terms (“Service Terms”). You’re bound by the General Terms, as well as by the Service Terms for each AT&T Service you purchase or use.
Who is the AT&T Consumer Service Agreement for?
The AT&T Consumer Service Agreement contains the terms and conditions for consumers and certain small businesses with one or more of the following AT&T products or services:
- AT&T Wireless Service – including postpaid, AT&T PREPAID, and FirstNet subscriber paid
- AT&T Phone – including AT&T Phone for Business
- AT&T Internet – including Fiber, Internet, Fixed Wireless, DSL, and business internet services
In a previous update, the AT&T Consumer Service Agreement replaced the: Wireless Customer Agreement, Data Services Agreement, AT&T PREPAID Terms of Service, AT&T PREPAID Plan Terms, AT&T Internet Terms of Service, AT&T Fixed Wireless Service Terms, and the AT&T U-verse® TV and AT&T Phone Terms of Service (with respect to AT&T Phone service only)
What’s in the AT&T Consumer Service Agreement?
The AT&T Consumer Service Agreement combines and updates the agreements governing many of our consumer and small business products and services, giving you one place to look for the terms and conditions.
Here’s a quick overview of the contents of the AT&T Consumer Service Agreement:
- Section 1 contains the General Terms applicable to all of the covered products and services. No matter what service you have, many of the important terms governing your service can be found in Section 1, including the provisions governing how we’ll resolve disputes between us through arbitration instead of class actions or jury trials.
- The rest of the AT&T Consumer Service Agreement—Sections 2 through 7—include additional service-specific terms that apply only to one particular product or service, called Service Terms.
- These Service Terms either supplement or replace the ones contained in Section 1, the General Terms.
- Whether you are an existing customer for a particular service or sign up for it in the future, the Service Terms will be in your AT&T Consumer Service Agreement.
- If you have postpaid AT&T Wireless service, your Wireless Service Terms are in Section 2.
- If you have prepaid AT&T Wireless service, you’re subject to the Prepaid Wireless Service Terms in Section 3 as well as the Wireless Service Terms in Section 2.
- If you have a DataConnect/Session-based Wireless plan, you’re subject to the Service Terms in Section 4, in addition to the Wireless Service Terms in Section 2 and (if your data plan is prepaid) the Prepaid Wireless Service Terms in Section 3.
- If you’re an AT&T Phone customer, your Service Terms are in Section 5.
- If you have AT&T Fiber, Internet, Fixed Wireless, or DSL service, your Service Terms are in Section 6.
- If you have Business Internet service (for small business), you’re subject to the Business Internet Service Terms in Section 7 as well as the Internet Service Terms in Section 6.