End User License Agreement for
AT&T Navigation Services, AT&T Global Navigator,
and AT&T Maps
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE, DO NOT CLICK THE “ACCEPT” BUTTON OR DOWNLOAD, INSTALL OR USE THE APPLICATION.
THIS APPLICATION IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE BY PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 13. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OLD, YOU MAY NOT USE THIS APPLICATION OR PROVIDE AT&T WITH ANY PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION. IF YOU ARE 13 OR OLDER BUT NOT OF LEGAL AGE TO ENTER INTO A CONTRACT, YOU SHOULD REVIEW THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS WITH YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN TO MAKE SURE THAT YOU AND YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN UNDERSTAND THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
BY CLICKING THE “ACCEPT” BUTTON OR DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING OR USING THE APPLICATION, YOU AFFIRM THAT YOU ARE EITHER OVER THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN YOUR JURISDICTION OF RESIDENCE, OR ARE AN EMANCIPATED MINOR, OR POSSESS LEGAL PARENTAL OR GUARDIAN CONSENT, AND THAT YOU ARE FULLY ABLE AND COMPETENT TO ENTER INTO THE TERMS, CONDITIONS, OBLIGATIONS, AFFIRMATIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES SET FORTH IN THIS LICENSE AND IN THE RELATED AGREEMENTS, AND TO ABIDE BY AND COMPLY WITH THIS LICENSE AND THE RELATED AGREEMENTS.
IF YOU ARE AN AT&T WIRELESS SERVICE SUBSCRIBER, THIS LICENSE IS SUBJECT TO THE ARBITRATION CLAUSE OF YOUR APPLICABLE WIRELESS SERVICE AGREEMENT, AS AMENDED FROM TIME TO TIME. IF YOU ARE NOT AN AT&T WIRELESS SERVICE SUBSCRIBER, THIS LICENSE IS SUBJECT TO THE ARBITRATION PROVISIONS WHICH ARE INCLUDED IN SECTION 10 OF THIS LICENSE.
Please read this end user software license agreement (“License”) carefully before clicking the “Accept” button or downloading or using the AT&T Navigation Services, AT&T Global Navigator or AT&T Maps applications (individually and collectively, “Application” or “AT&T Navigation Services”). As used herein, “Application” includes, without limitation, any services specific to the Application (excluding, however, Your applicable wireless service plan), software code, scripts, interfaces, graphics, displays, text, images, artwork, music or video clips, documentation and other components or content and any updates, modifications or enhancements to these items accompanying the Application or this License. These terms are an agreement between You and AT&T Mobility LLC and its affiliates (individually and collectively, “AT&T”). “You” and “Your” in this License refer to you, an individual, and/or to the company on whose behalf you accept this License.
Your purchase and use of the Application also may be governed by terms and conditions required by (i) any applicable third party content and service providers, including without limitation TeleNav, Inc. (“TeleNav”), (ii) the manufacturer and other providers of Your Device and its hardware and software components, including its operating system, (iii) the online store or other applicable distributor through which You obtain the Application, (iv) the applicable wireless service agreement for Your Device, (v) any applicable open source or third party software license, and (vi) the terms or conditions governing Your personal accounts for web content services You access through the Application ((i) through (vi), including without limitation those terms listed in the “Third Party Terms” section of this License, collectively being referred to as the “Related Agreements”). No Related Agreement, however, shall have the effect of limiting, encumbering or otherwise restricting AT&T’s rights and remedies or Your obligations under this License, or waiving any restrictions on Your rights to use the Application under this License. This License shall not have the effect of limiting, encumbering or otherwise restricting AT&T’s rights and remedies or Your obligations under any Related Agreement between You and AT&T, or waiving any restrictions on Your rights under any Related Agreement between you and AT&T. You understand and agree that even if You are not the account-holder for Your Device, Your purchase and use of the Application is governed by terms and conditions in the applicable service wireless service agreement for Your Device.
If AT&T makes any updates or upgrades to the Application available to You, such updates or upgrades shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this License unless the Application is expressly provided to You under other, or additional terms and conditions, in which case, those other, or additional terms and conditions (which may include the payment of additional fees), shall apply. This Application may be downloaded and used only by wireless customers of AT&T.
1. THE APPLICATION: The Application allows You to obtain, via your Device, navigation instructions to destinations throughout most of the United States and certain international destinations. Depending on the version of the Application You have, the Application may include different features and settings such as coupons and mileage tracker. Voice, data and messaging rates may apply when You use this Application.
1.1 CONSENT TO USE LOCATION INFORMATION: This Application accesses and uses Your personally identifiable location information (“Your Location Information”) in order to provide customized AT&T Location Services. To provide AT&T Navigation Services, AT&T and its pertinent suppliers, including without limitation TeleNav, record Your searches, mapping, route information, including Your point of origin, the address of Your destination, the starting time of Your trip, and the route You are instructed to follow, and must periodically receive Your Location Information from Your Device. By using AT&T Navigation Services, You consent to and agree that AT&T and its pertinent suppliers may access Your Device and otherwise obtain Your Location Information, and to record, compile and use such information in the provision and improvement of the services, features, and functionality including without limitation to provide you coupons and for mileage tracker available within the AT&T Navigation Services.
If You use AT&T Navigation Services for trips outside of the United States, You consent that Your Location Information, and any other information provided to or through the Application, may be transferred to servers inside the United States and used and maintained in accordance with these terms and conditions. By using AT&T Navigation Services internationally, You consent to such transfer and processing of Your data.
By using this Application, You agree that AT&T and its pertinent suppliers may collect and use Your Location Information for such purpose. AT&T and its pertinent suppliers do not retain Your Location Information longer than is reasonably necessary for such use. AT&T and its pertinent suppliers may also aggregate and use location information, after removing or obscuring any of Your personally identifiable information, for other purposes, including, without limitation, to report usage, or to maintain and improve the Application. This notice will serve as Your sole notice that the Application may collect Your Location Information, and You may not receive any reminders or further notice.]
1.3 Coupons. The Application also includes a feature that can provide you with available coupons (“Coupons”) from participating merchants in and around the 5 mile radius of Your current location or Your last location, if GPS is not turned on. You can enable this feature by tapping the coupon icon within the app on Your device. Once you enable this feature, the Application will use your location to provide you with Coupons.
1.4 Mileage Tracker. The Application also includes a feature that can provide you with the mileage of Your trip based on Your starting and ending location (“Mileage Tracker”). When You enable the Mileage Tracker, You will be presented with a tutorial on how to use the feature. Once You complete the tutorial Mileage Tracker will start to record your trip mileage. You can disable the feature at any time. You can also delete trip information from the Application when you choose.
1.5 Requirements. The Application requires a compatible data device or hardware, with GPS functionality. Certain features are only available on certain devices. Please see att.com/navigator for restrictions and complete details. The Application may result in increased battery usage by Your Device.
Payment. You agree to pay all fees charged to your wireless account for AT&T Navigation Services (including applicable state and local taxes and applicable surcharges). You will be charged such fees each month, even if you do not use AT&T Navigation Services. AT&T reserves the right to change the fees for AT&T Navigation Services at any time, upon prior notice to you. Further, you are responsible for any fees assessed to access AT&T Navigation Services, including any toll, out-of-area, roaming, or other telephone connection charges.
2. LICENSE GRANT AND USE RESTRICTIONS.
2.1 License Grant. Subject to the restrictions set forth in Sections 2.2 and 2.3, AT&T grants You a personal, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right to install and use one copy of the Application on a single device owned and controlled by You (“Device”), and to access and use the Application on such Device solely for Your own internal business and personal use, strictly in accordance with the terms and conditions of this License, the Related Agreements, and all applicable local, national, and international laws and regulations. You represent, warrant and agree that You are using the Application solely for Your own internal business and personal use and not for redistribution or transfer of any kind.
2.2 Restrictions on Use. You shall not: (a) decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code, audio library or structure of, or decrypt the Application, even for research purposes; (b) make any modification, adaptation, improvement, enhancement, translation or derivative work from the Application; (c) violate any applicable laws, rules or regulations in connection with Your access or use of the Application; (d) remove, alter or obscure any proprietary notice (including any notice of copyright or trademark) of AT&T or its collaborators, suppliers or licensors; (e) use the Application in a manner that derives revenue directly from such use, or use the Application for any other purpose for which it is not designed or intended; (f) install, use or permit the Application to exist on more than one Device at a time or on any other mobile device or computer; (g) distribute the Application to multiple Devices; (h) make the Application available over a network or other environment permitting access or use by multiple Devices or users at the same time; (i) use the Application for creating a product, service or software that is, directly or indirectly, competitive with or in any way a substitute for any services, product or software offered by AT&T; (j) use the Application to send automated queries to any website or to send any unsolicited commercial e-mail; (k) use any proprietary information or interfaces of AT&T or other intellectual property of AT&T in the design, development, manufacture, licensing or distribution of any applications, accessories or devices for use with the Application; (l) circumvent, disable or tamper with any security-related components or other protective measures applicable to the Application or the Device or (m) reproduce, archive, retransmit, distribute, disseminate, sell, lease, rent, exchange, modify, broadcast, synchronize, publicly perform, publish, publicly display, make available to third parties, transfer or circulate the Application. You agree to abide by the rules and policies established from time to time by AT&T. Such rules and policies may include, for example, required or automated updates, modifications, and/or reinstallations of the Application and obtaining available patches to address security, interoperability or performance issues. These obligations survive termination of this License.
2.3 Safe and Lawful Use of AT&T Navigation Services. You agree to comply with the following restrictions when using AT&T Navigation Services:
- Observe all traffic laws and otherwise drive safely.
- Use Your own personal judgment while driving. If You feel that a route suggested by AT&T Navigation Services instructs You to perform an unsafe or illegal maneuver, places You in an unsafe situation, or directs You into an area that You consider to be unsafe, do not follow such instructions.
- Do not input destinations, or otherwise interact with AT&T Navigation Services, unless Your vehicle is stationary and parked.
- Do not use AT&T Navigation Services for any illegal, unauthorized, unintended, unsafe, hazardous, or unlawful purposes, or in any manner inconsistent with this Agreement.
- Arrange all wireless devices and cables necessary for use of AT&T Navigation Services in a secure manner in Your vehicle so that they will not interfere with Your driving and will not prevent the operation of any safety device (such as an airbag).
3. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS.
3.1 Rights to Application. You acknowledge and agree that the Application, any copies thereof (including without limitation any copy that You download, install, or use on Your Device) , and all copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets and other intellectual property rights associated therewith are, and shall remain, the property of AT&T or its collaborators, licensors, or suppliers. Furthermore, You acknowledge and agree that the source and object code of the Application and the format, directories, queries, algorithms, structure and organization of the Application are the intellectual property and proprietary and confidential information of AT&T and its collaborators, licensors and suppliers. Title to the Application shall remain with AT&T. AT&T and its collaborators, licensors, and suppliers reserve the right to change, suspend, terminate, remove, impose limits on the use of or access to, disable access to, or require the return of the Application (or any copy thereof) at any time without notice and will have no liability for doing so. Except as expressly stated in this License, You are not granted any intellectual property rights in or to the Application by implication, estoppel or other legal theory, and all rights in and to the Application not expressly granted in this License are hereby reserved and retained by AT&T. These obligations survive termination of this License.
3.2 AT&T Marks. You acknowledge and agree that the following company names and their related logos and all related product and service names, design marks and slogans are trademarks and service marks owned by and used under license from AT&T: “AT&T,” “AT&T Navigation Services,” “AT&T Global Navigator,” and “AT&T Maps” (the “AT&T Marks”). You are not authorized to use the AT&T Marks in any advertising, publicity or in any other commercial manner without the prior written consent of AT&T, which may be withheld for any or no reason. These obligations survive termination of this License.
3.3 Open Source Software. The Application may utilize or include third party software that is subject to open source license terms (“Open Source Software”). You acknowledge and agree that Your right to use such Open Source Software as part of the Application is subject to and governed by the terms and conditions of any applicable open source license, including, without limitation, any applicable acknowledgements, license terms and disclaimers contained therein (collectively, the “Open Source License Terms”), including those in the Third Party Terms section at the end of this License. In the event of a conflict between the terms of this License and the Open Source License Terms, the Open Source License Terms shall control.
4. NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND SERVICES.
4.1 General. You acknowledge that the Application may permit access to products, services, websites, advertisements, promotions, recommendations, advice, information, and materials created and provided by advertisers, publishers, content collaborators, marketing agents, vendors and other third parties (“Third Party Content and Services”).
4.2 Disclaimer. You acknowledge that AT&T does not investigate, monitor, represent or endorse the Third Party Content and Services (including any third party websites accessed through the Application). Furthermore, Your access to and use of the Third Party Content and Services is at Your sole discretion and risk, and AT&T shall have no liability to You arising out of or in connection with Your access to and use of the Third Party Content and Services.
4.3 Third Party Terms of Service. You acknowledge and agree that Your access to and use of the Third Party Content and Services and any correspondence or business dealings between You and any third party using the Application are governed by and require Your acceptance of the terms of service of such third party, including, without limitation, any terms, privacy policies, conditions, representations, warranties or disclaimers contained therein. You assume all risks arising out of or resulting from Your transaction of business over the Internet and with any third party, and You agree that AT&T and its collaborators, suppliers, and licensors are not responsible or liable for any loss or result of the presence of information about or links to such advertisers or service providers. Furthermore, You acknowledge and agree that this License does not grant You any license to (i) the Third Party Content and Services; (ii) any products, services, processes or technology described in or offered by the Third Party Content and Services; or (iii) any copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property right in the Third Party Content or Services or any products, services, processes or technology described or offered therein. You agree that You will not use Third Party Content or Services in a manner that would infringe or violate the rights of any other party, and that AT&T and its collaborators, suppliers, and licensors are not in any way responsible for any such use by You.
4.4 Endorsements. You acknowledge and agree that the provision of access to any Third Party Content and Service shall not constitute or imply any endorsement by AT&T of such Third Party Content and Services. AT&T reserves the right to restrict or deny access to any Third Party Content and Services otherwise accessible through the Application, although AT&T has no obligation to restrict or deny access even if requested by You.
4.5 Inaccurate or Inappropriate Materials. You understand that by accessing and using the Third Party Content and Services, You may encounter information, materials and subject matter (i) that are incomplete or inaccurate; (ii) that You or others may deem offensive, indecent, or objectionable; (iii) which may or may not be identified as having explicit language, and (iv) that automatically and unintentionally appears in search results, as a link or reference to objectionable material. Notwithstanding the foregoing, You agree to use the Third Party Content and Services at Your sole risk and that AT&T and its collaborators, suppliers, and licensors shall have no liability to You for information, material or subject matter that is found to be incomplete, inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable.
5. User-Submitted Content.
5.1 The Application may contain features that allow You to submit, post or display content through the Application. You may not use or allow others to use the Application, directly or indirectly through Your Device or wireless number, nor upload, distribute, transmit, communicate, link to, public or access any data, information or material through, using or otherwise in connection with the Application, that (a) is libelous, defamatory, vulgar or obscene, pornographic, sexually offensive or explicit, harmful or harassing, threatening, hateful, racially, culturally, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or offensive, discriminatory or abusive; (b) violates any law or regulation or the rights of others; or (c) infringes any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right, or any proprietary or personal rights or confidentiality obligations of others. You are solely responsible and liable for any such activity, behavior, use and conduct. This means that You, and not AT&T or its collaborators, suppliers, or licensors, are entirely responsible for all content that You provide via the Application. AT&T reserves the right to filter, edit, or control the user-submitted content posted via the Application and does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such content. Under no circumstances will AT&T or its collaborators, suppliers, or licensors be liable in any way for any user-submitted content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any such content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Application.
5.2 If You provide content through the Application (“User Submission”), You grant AT&T a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive and fully sub-licensable and transferable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display Your User Submission (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed and to exercise the same rights with respect to such works without compensation or attribution to You. You also hereby waive any moral rights in Your User Submission. AT&T is under no obligation to post or use any User Submission You may provide and AT&T may remove Your User Submission at any time in its sole discretion. You agree that AT&T is not under any obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to Your User Submission. You represent and warrant that You own or otherwise control all necessary rights, consents and permissions to Your User Submission necessary to submit such material and to grant AT&T all of the license rights granted herein.
6. TERM AND TERMINATION. This License shall be effective until terminated. If You would like to terminate the Application License, You must cancel it by going to att.com/directbill or calling AT&T Customer Support at 800-331-0500 (or 611 from your Device) to request cancellation of the Application. Simply deleting the Application from Your Device will not terminate the License, and Application charges will continue to accrue until the License is terminated. Any such termination of the License by You shall become effective upon AT&T’s receipt of Your notice. AT&T may, in its sole and absolute discretion, at any time and for any or no reason, suspend or terminate this License and the rights afforded to You hereunder with or without prior notice. Furthermore, if You fail to comply with any terms and conditions of this License, then this License and any rights afforded to You hereunder shall terminate automatically, without any notice or other action by AT&T. Upon the termination of this License, You shall cease all use of the Application and uninstall the Application. AT&T may, without notice to You, disable the Application. AT&T will not be liable to You or any third party for compensation, indemnity, or damages of any sort as a result of terminating this License in accordance with its terms, and termination of this License will be without prejudice to any other right or remedy AT&T may have, now or in the future. These obligations survive termination of this License.
7. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE APPLICATION, INCLUDING ALL CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN OR ACCESSED THEREBY, IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS’ AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, AND THAT YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE UPON THE APPLICATION AND ANY THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND SERVICES ACCESSED THEREBY IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND DISCRETION. AT&T AND ITS COLLABORATORS, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND GUARANTIES REGARDING THE APPLICATION AND THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND SERVICES, WHETHER ORAL, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, AND WHETHER ARISING BY LAW, STATUTE, USAGE OF TRADE, CUSTOM, COURSE OF DEALING OR PERFORMANCE OF THE PARTIES, OR THE NATURE OR CONTEXT OF THIS LICENSE, AND INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. FURTHERMORE, AT&T AND ITS COLLABORATORS, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT (I) THE APPLICATION OR THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (II) THE APPLICATION OR THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ACCURATE, RELIABLE, TIMELY, SECURE, FREE FROM VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR ERROR-FREE; (III) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL ACCESSED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE APPLICATION WILL BE AS REPRESENTED OR MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; OR (IV) ANY ERRORS IN THE APPLICATION OR THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED. FURTHER AT&T IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND SERVICES INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION CONTENT IN COUPONS AND HAS NO OBLIGATIONS OR RESPONSIBILITIES WITH REGARD TO THE PROCESSING OR REDEMPTION OF SUCH COUPONS OR SIMILAR THIRD PARTY CONTENT OR SERVICES. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM AT&T OR FROM THE APPLICATION SHALL CREATE ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR GUARANTY. FURTHERMORE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT AT&T AND ITS COLLABORATORS, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS HAVE NO OBLIGATION TO CORRECT ANY ERRORS OR OTHERWISE SUPPORT OR MAINTAIN THE APPLICATION. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE APPLICATION IS NOT INTENDED OR SUITABLE FOR USE IN SITUATIONS OR ENVIRONMENTS WHERE THE PERFORMANCE OF, USE OR MISUSE OF, FAILURE OF, OR ERRORS OR INACCURACIES IN THE CONTENT, DATA OR INFORMATION PROVIDED BY, THE APPLICATION COULD LEAD TO DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, OR SEVERE PHYSICAL, PROPERTY, OR ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE. AT&T AND ITS COLLABORATORS, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE APPLICATION WILL BE COMPATIBLE OR INTEROPERABLE WITH YOUR DEVICE OR ANY OTHER PIECE OF HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, EQUIPMENT OR DEVICE INSTALLED ON OR USED IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR DEVICE. FURTHERMORE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT COMPATIBILITY AND INTEROPERABILITY PROBLEMS CAN CAUSE THE PERFORMANCE OF YOUR DEVICE TO DIMINISH OR FAIL COMPLETELY, AND MAY RESULT IN PERMANENT DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE, LOSS OF THE DATA LOCATED ON YOUR DEVICE, AND CORRUPTION OF THE SOFTWARE AND FILES LOCATED ON YOUR DEVICE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT AT&T AND ITS COLLABORATORS, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS, SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY LOSSES SUFFERED, RESULTING FROM OR ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH COMPATIBILITY OR INTEROPERABILITY PROBLEMS. SHOULD THE APPLICATION PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE BURDEN OF ALL NECESSARY EXPENSES, SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION. THIS SECTION 7 SHALL SURVIVE TERMINATION OF THIS LICENSE.
NOTWITHSTANDING AND WITHOUT WAIVING THE FOREGOING, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE RELATED AGREEMENTS MAY PROVIDE LIMITED REMEDIES TO YOU.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL AT&T, ITS COLLABORATORS, SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS, NOR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS, BE LIABLE FOR ACCIDENTS, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SALE OR DISTRIBUTION OF, THE PERFORMANCE OR NON-PERFORMANCE, OR YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE APPLICATION AND ANY THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND SERVICES, WHETHER OR NOT THE DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE AND WHETHER OR NOT SUCH PARTY WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, AT&T’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU (WHETHER UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STATUTE OR OTHERWISE) SHALL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF (i) THE INITIAL PURCHASE PRICE PAID BY YOU FOR THE APPLICATION, (ii) THE AGGREGATE AMOUNT YOU PAID TO AT&T FOR THE APPLICATION DURING THE ONE MONTH PRECEDING THE DATE THAT THE CLAIM ARISES, OR (iii) TWO DOLLARS ($2.00). THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY EVEN IF THE ABOVE STATED REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. THESE OBLIGATIONS SURVIVE TERMINATION OF THIS LICENSE.
9. INDEMNIFICATION. You shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless AT&T and its collaborators, suppliers and licensors, and their respective officers, directors, agents and employees (the “Indemnified Parties”) from and against any claim, proceeding, loss, damage, fine, penalty, interest and expense (including, without limitation, fees for attorneys and other professional advisors) arising out of or in connection with the following: (i) Your access to or use of the Application or Third Party Content and Services; (ii) Your breach of this License; (iii) Your violation of law; (iv) Your negligence or willful misconduct; or (v) Your violation of the rights of a third party. You will promptly notify AT&T in writing of any third-party claim arising out of or in connection with Your access to or use of the Application. These obligations survive termination of this License.
10. DISPUTE RESOLUTION BY BINDING ARBITRATION
PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY. IT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS.
IF YOU ARE AN AT&T WIRELESS SERVICE SUBSCRIBER, THIS LICENSE IS SUBJECT TO THE ARBITRATION PROVISIONS OF YOUR APPLICABLE WIRELESS SERVICE AGREEMENT, AS AMENDED FROM TIME TO TIME. IF YOU ARE NOT AN AT&T WIRELESS SERVICE SUBSCRIBER, THIS LICENSE IS SUBJECT TO THE ARBITRATION PROVISIONS WHICH ARE INCLUDED IN THIS SECTION 10.
Most customer concerns can be resolved quickly and to the customer's satisfaction by calling our customer service department at 1-800-331-0500. In the unlikely event that AT&T's customer service department is unable to resolve a complaint You may have to Your satisfaction (or if AT&T has not been able to resolve a dispute it has with You after attempting to do so informally), we each agree to resolve those disputes through binding arbitration or small claims court instead of in courts of general jurisdiction. Arbitration is more informal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, allows for more limited discovery than in court, and is subject to very limited review by courts. Arbitrators can award the same damages and relief that a court can award. Any arbitration under this License will take place on an individual basis; class arbitrations and class actions are not permitted. For any non-frivolous claim that does not exceed $75,000, AT&T will pay all costs of the arbitration. Moreover, in arbitration You are entitled to recover attorneys' fees from AT&T to at least the same extent as You would be in court.
In addition, under certain circumstances (as explained below), AT&T will pay You more than the amount of the arbitrator's award and will pay Your attorney (if any) twice his or her reasonable attorneys' fees if the arbitrator awards You an amount that is greater than what AT&T has offered You to settle the dispute.
10.1 Arbitration Agreement.
10.1.1 AT&T and You agree to arbitrate all disputes and claims between us. This agreement to arbitrate is intended to be broadly interpreted. It includes, but is not limited to:
- claims arising out of or relating to any aspect of the relationship between us, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation or any other legal theory;
- claims that arose before this License or any prior agreement (including, but not limited to, claims relating to advertising);
- claims that are currently the subject of purported class action litigation in which You are not a member of a certified class; and
- claims that may arise after the termination of this License.
For purposes of this Section 10.1 only, references to “AT&T,” “You,” “Your” and “us” include our respective subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, employees, predecessors in interest, successors, and assigns, as well as all authorized or unauthorized users or beneficiaries of this Application, or of services or devices under this License or prior agreements between us. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party may bring an individual action in small claims court. This arbitration agreement does not preclude You from bringing issues to the attention of federal, state, or local agencies, including, for example, the Federal Communications Commission. Such agencies can, if the law allows, seek relief against us on Your behalf. You agree that, by entering into this License, You and AT&T are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action. This License evidences a transaction in interstate commerce, and thus the Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this provision. This arbitration provision shall survive termination of this License.
10.1.2 A party who intends to seek arbitration must first send to the other, by certified mail, a written Notice of Dispute ("Notice"). The Notice to AT&T should be addressed to: Office of Dispute Resolution, AT&T, 1025 Lenox Park Blvd., Atlanta, GA 30319 ("Notice Address"). The Notice must (a) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (b) set forth the specific relief sought ("Demand"). If AT&T and You do not reach an agreement to resolve the claim within 30 days after the Notice is received, You or AT&T may commence an arbitration proceeding. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by AT&T or You shall not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator determines the amount, if any, to which You or AT&T is entitled. You may download or copy a form Notice and a form to initiate arbitration at att.com/arbitration-forms.
10.1.3 After AT&T receives notice at the Notice Address that You have commenced arbitration, it will promptly reimburse You for Your payment of the filing fee, unless Your claim is for greater than $75,000. (The filing fee currently is $200 for claims under $10,000 but is subject to change by the arbitration provider. If You are unable to pay this fee, AT&T will pay it directly upon receiving a written request at the Notice Address.) The arbitration will be governed by the Commercial Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (collectively, "AAA Rules") of the American Arbitration Association ("AAA"), as modified by this License, and will be administered by the AAA. The AAA Rules are available online at www.adr.org, by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879, or by writing to the Notice Address. (You may obtain information that is designed for non-lawyers about the arbitration process at http://att.com/arbitration-information.) The arbitrator is bound by the terms of this License. All issues are for the arbitrator to decide, except that issues relating to the scope and enforceability of the arbitration provision are for the court to decide. Unless AT&T and You agree otherwise, any arbitration hearings will take place in the county (or parish) of Your billing address. If Your claim is for $10,000 or less, we agree that You may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator, through a telephonic hearing, or by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules. If Your claim exceeds $10,000, the right to a hearing will be determined by the AAA Rules. Regardless of the manner in which the arbitration is conducted, the arbitrator shall issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based. Except as otherwise provided for herein, AT&T will pay all AAA filing, administration, and arbitrator fees for any arbitration initiated in accordance with the notice requirements above. If, however, the arbitrator finds that either the substance of Your claim or the relief sought in the Demand is frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)), then the payment of all such fees will be governed by the AAA Rules. In such case, You agree to reimburse AT&T for all monies previously disbursed by it that are otherwise Your obligation to pay under the AAA Rules. In addition, if You initiate an arbitration in which You seek more than $75,000 in damages, the payment of these fees will be governed by the AAA rules.
10.1.4 If, after finding in Your favor in any respect on the merits of Your claim, the arbitrator issues You an award that is greater than the value of AT&T's last written settlement offer made before an arbitrator was selected, then AT&T will:
- pay You the amount of the award or $10,000 ("the alternative payment"), whichever is greater; and
- pay Your attorney, if any, twice the amount of attorneys' fees, and reimburse any expenses (including expert witness fees and costs) that Your attorney reasonably accrues for investigating, preparing, and pursuing Your claim in arbitration ("the attorney premium").
If AT&T did not make a written offer to settle the dispute before an arbitrator was selected, You and Your attorney will be entitled to receive the alternative payment and the attorney premium, respectively, if the arbitrator awards You any relief on the merits. The arbitrator may make rulings and resolve disputes as to the payment and reimbursement of fees, expenses, and the alternative payment and the attorney premium at any time during the proceeding and upon request from either party made within 14 days of the arbitrator's ruling on the merits.
10.1.5 The right to attorneys' fees and expenses discussed in paragraph 10.1.4 supplements any right to attorneys' fees and expenses You may have under applicable law. Thus, if You would be entitled to a larger amount under the applicable law, this provision does not preclude the arbitrator from awarding You that amount. However, You may not recover duplicative awards of attorneys' fees or costs. Although under some laws AT&T may have a right to an award of attorneys' fees and expenses if it prevails in an arbitration, AT&T agrees that it will not seek such an award.
10.1.6 The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party's individual claim. YOU AND AT&T AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, unless both You and AT&T agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person's claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. If this specific provision is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void.
10.1.7 Notwithstanding any provision in this License to the contrary, we agree that if AT&T makes any future change to this arbitration provision (other than a change to the Notice Address) while this License is in effect, You may reject any such change by sending us written notice within 30 days of the change to the Arbitration Notice Address provided above. By rejecting any future change, You are agreeing that You will arbitrate any dispute between us in accordance with the language of this provision.
11. MISCELLANEOUS. The following provisions survive termination of this License:
11.1 Governing Law, Limitation on Actions. This License shall be deemed to take place in the State of New York and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, excluding its conflicts of law principles. This License shall not be governed by the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, the application of which is expressly excluded. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, You and AT&T agree that any cause of action arising out of or relating to the Application or Your use of the Application must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred. This Section 11.1 is not intended to and does not alter any provisions of Your applicable wireless service agreement.
11.2 Contact Information. In the event that You have a question, complaint or claim regarding Your use of the Application, please call AT&T Customer Service by dialing 611 from Your Device if you are an AT&T Wireless service subscriber or 1-800-331-0500 or visit att.com/db.
11.3 Severability. If any provision of this License is held to be invalid or unenforceable with respect to a party, the remainder of this License, or the application of such provision to persons other than those to whom it is held invalid or unenforceable shall not be affected and each remaining provision of this License shall be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11.4 Waiver. Except as provided herein, the failure to exercise a right or require performance of an obligation under this License shall not affect a party’s ability to exercise such right or require such performance at any time thereafter nor shall the waiver of a breach constitute waiver of any subsequent breach.
11.5 Jurisdictional Issues, Export Control. This Application is intended for use within the United States of America. AT&T makes no representation that this Application is appropriate or available for use in other locations. If You choose to access or use the Application from other locations, You do so on Your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. Access to the Application from jurisdictions in which the Application, in whole or in part, is illegal or penalized is prohibited. You may not use or otherwise export or re-export the Application except as authorized by United States law and the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which the Application was obtained. You represent and warrant that You are not (a) located in any country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country, or (b) listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties including the Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Persons List or Entity List. You also agree that You will not use the Application for any purposes prohibited by United States law.
11.6 U.S. Government Restricted Rights. The Application was developed at private expense and is provided with RESTRICTED RIGHTS. Use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government is subject to restrictions as set forth in subparagraphs (a) through (d) of the Commercial Computer Software - Restricted Rights clause at FAR 52.227-19 when applicable, or in subparagraph (c)(1)(ii) of the Rights in Technical Data and Computer Software clause of DFARS and in similar clauses in the NASA FAR Supplement, and their successors, and all other Federal laws and regulations that protect Licensor rights in privately developed commercial software.
11.7 Performance or Benchmark Testing. You may not disclose the results of any benchmark test using the Application to any third party without AT&T’s prior written approval.
11.8 Modification or Amendment. AT&T may modify or amend the terms of this License at any time, with or without notice to You, by posting a copy of the modified or amended License available through the Application or at att.com/navigator. You will be deemed to have agreed to any such modification or amendment by Your decision to continue using the Application following the date in which the modified or amended License is made available through the Application or the referenced website.
11.9 Survival. Any provisions of this License which by their express language or by their context are intended to survive the termination of this License shall survive such termination.
11.10 Third Party Beneficiaries. Except as explicitly provided in this License or in the Related Agreements, nothing contained in this License is intended or shall be construed to confer upon any person (other than the parties hereto) any rights, benefits or remedies of any kind or character, or to create any obligations or liabilities of a party to any such person.
11.11 No Transfer by You. You may not rent, lease, lend, sublicense, assign or transfer the Application, this License or any of the rights granted hereunder. Any attempted transfer in contravention of this provision shall be null and void and of no force or effect. These obligations survive termination of this License. AT&T may assign this License without restriction.
11.12 Copyright Complaints. AT&T respects the intellectual property rights of others. If You believe that Your work has been copied and has been posted, stored or transmitted by or through the Application in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") by providing AT&T’s Copyright Agent the following written information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that You claim has been infringed upon;
- A specific description of where the material that You claim is infringing is located on the Sites;
- Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement by You that You have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by You, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in Your notice is accurate and that You are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
AT&T’s Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on the Sites can be reached as follows:
Manager of Security & Copyright Infringement
1800 Perimeter Park Drive, Suite 100
Morrisville, NC 27560
Phone: (919) 319-5737 Fax: (919) 319-8154 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about AT&T's copyright protection practices under the DMCA and for information on how to contact AT&T's DMCA agent, please refer to http://www.att.net/general-info/claims.html.
11.13 Entire Agreement. This License including the documents incorporated herein by reference constitute the entire agreement with respect to the use of the Application licensed hereunder and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings regarding such subject matter.
Third Party Terms. The below Third Party Terms are incorporated herein and made part of this License:
APPLE: Additional provisions and Usage Rules required by Apple, Inc. (“Apple”) may be found at http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/appstore/us/terms.html. If Your Device is manufactured by Apple or if You obtain the downloadable Application through iTunes, You and AT&T acknowledge and agree that Apple and its subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries to this License, and that, upon Your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this License, Apple will have the right to enforce this License against You in its capacity as a third party beneficiary to the License. APPLE SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CLAIMS MADE BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY RELATED TO THE APPLICATION OR YOUR USE OR POSSESSION OF THE APPLICATION, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO (i) PRODUCT LIABILITY CLAIMS, (ii) ANY CLAIM THAT THE APPLICATION FAILS TO CONFORM TO ANY APPLICABLE LEGAL OR REGULATORY REQUIREMENT, (iii) CLAIMS ARISING UNDER CONSUMER PROTECTION OR SIMILAR LEGISLATION, OR (iv) ANY CLAIMS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, DAMAGES, COSTS OR EXPENSES ATTRIBUTABLE TO ANY FAILURE OF THE APPLICATION TO CONFORM TO ANY WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. IF YOU HAVE PAID ANY FEE TO APPLE FOR USE OF THE APPLICATION, IN THE EVENT OF ANY FAILURE OF THE APPLICATION TO CONFORM TO ANY APPLICABLE WARRANTY, YOU MAY NOTIFY APPLE, AND APPLE WILL, AS YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY, REFUND TO YOU THE PURCHASE PRICE PAID, IF ANY, FOR THE APPLICATION. APPLE WILL HAVE NO OTHER WARRANTY OBLIGATION WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE APPLICATION.
RIM: If Your Device is manufactured by Research In Motion Ltd. (“RIM”) or if You obtain the downloadable Application through the BlackBerry App World, You acknowledge and agree that RIM and any merchant of record (“MoR”) that made this Application available to You within the BlackBerry App World are third party beneficiaries to this License, and that, upon Your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this License, both RIM and any MoR will have the right to enforce this License against You in its capacity as a third party beneficiary to the License.
MICROSOFT: If You purchase or download the Application from the Windows Phone Marketplace, subject to all other provisions of this License: (a) notwithstanding paragraph 2.2(f) and (g), You may install and use one copy of the Application on up to five (5) mobile devices You personally own or control and which are affiliated with the Windows Live ID associated with Your Windows Phone Marketplace account. You may not install or use a copy of the Application on a device You do not own or control. (b) You acknowledge and agree that neither Microsoft, nor the manufacturer of Your Device(s) shall have any responsibility to provide to You any maintenance or support services in connection with Your use of the Application. (c) SUBJECT TO AND WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF SECTION 8, MICROSOFT’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU (WHETHER UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STATUTE OR OTHERWISE) SHALL NOT EXCEED THE INITIAL PURCHASE PRICE PAID BY YOU FOR THE APPLICATION.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Personal Use Only.
You agree to use this Data together with the AT&T Navigation Services for the solely personal, non-commercial purposes for which you were licensed, and not for service bureau, time-sharing or other similar purposes. Accordingly, but subject to the restrictions set forth in the following paragraphs, you may copy this Data only as necessary for your personal use to (i) view it, and (ii) save it, provided that you do not remove any copyright notices that appear and do not modify the Data in any way. You agree not to otherwise reproduce, copy, modify, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any portion of this Data, and may not transfer or distribute it in any form, for any purpose, except to the extent permitted by mandatory laws. Multi-disc sets may only be transferred or sold as a complete set as provided by TeleNav and not as a subset thereof.
Restrictions. Except where you have been specifically licensed to do so by TeleNav, and without limiting the preceding paragraph, you may not (a) use this Data with any products, systems, or applications installed or otherwise connected to or in communication with vehicles, capable of vehicle navigation, positioning, dispatch, real time route guidance, fleet management or similar applications; or (b) with or in communication with any positioning devices or any mobile or wireless-connected electronic or computer devices, including without limitation cellular phones, palmtop and handheld computers, pagers, and personal digital assistants or PDAs.
Governing Law. The above terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois (except to the extent the Data is used in the European Union the above terms and conditions shall be governed by Netherlands), without giving effect to (i) its conflict of laws provisions, or (ii) the United Nations Convention for Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, which is explicitly excluded. You agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the State of Illinois (except to the extent the Data is used in the European Union you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the Netherlands) for any and all disputes, claims and actions arising from or in connection with the Data provided to you hereunder.
You shall indemnify and save harmless the licensors, including Her Majesty the Queen, the Minister of Natural Resources of Canada and Canada Post, and their officers, employees and agents from and against any claim, demand or action, irrespective of the nature of the cause of the claim, demand or action, alleging loss, costs, expenses, damages or injuries (including injuries resulting in death) arising out of the use or possession of the data or the Data.
Government End Users. If the Data is being acquired by or on behalf of the United States government or any other entity seeking or applying rights similar to those customarily claimed by the United States government, this Data is a "commercial item" as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. ("FAR") 2.101, is licensed in accordance with these end user terms, and each copy of the Data delivered or otherwise furnished shall be marked and embedded as appropriate with the following "Notice of Use," and shall be treated in accordance with such Notice:
NOTICE OF USE
TOMTOM NORTH AMERICA, INC.: The AT&T Navigation Services also utilize software licensed to TeleNav by TomTom North America, Inc. ("TomTom"). You may use this software (the "TomTom Software") through the AT&T Navigation Services subject to the Agreement, including the following terms and conditions:
- You may only use the TomTom Software for internal business or personal uses.
- Your use of the TomTom Software is otherwise limited by the scope of the license agreement between TomTom and TeleNav.
- In the event that you are a government entity, the following provisions apply to you: U.S. GOVERNMENT RIGHTS. If you are an agency, department, or other entity of the United States Government, or funded in whole or in part by the United States Government, then use, duplication, reproduction, release, modification, disclosure or transfer of this commercial product and accompanying documentation, is restricted in accordance with the LIMITED or RESTRICTED rights as described in DFARS 252.227-7014(a)(1) (JUN 1995) (DOD commercial computer software definition), DFARS 227.7202-1 (DOD policy on commercial computer software), FAR 52.227-19 (JUN 1987) (commercial computer software clause for civilian agencies), DFARS 252.227-7015 (NOV 1995) (DOD technical data commercial items clause); FAR 52.227-14 Alternates I, II, and III (JUN 1987) (civilian agency technical data and noncommercial computer software clause); and/or FAR 12.211 and FAR 12.212 (commercial item acquisitions), as applicable. In case of conflict between any of the FAR and DFARS provisions listed herein and this Agreement, the construction that provides greater limitations on the Government's rights shall control. Contractor/manufacturer is TomTom North America, Inc., 11 Lafayette Street, Lebanon, NH 03766-1445. Phone: 603.643. 0330. The TomTom Software is ©1984-200_ by TomTom North America, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. For purpose of any public disclosure provision under any federal, state or local law, it is agreed that the TomTom Software is a trade secret and a proprietary commercial product and not subject to disclosure. If you are an agency, department, or other entity of any State government, the United States Government or any other public entity or funded in whole or in part by the United States Government, then you hereby agree to protect the TomTom Software from public disclosure and to consider the TomTom Software exempt from any statute, law, regulation, or code, including any Sunshine Act, Public Records Act, Freedom of Information Act, or equivalent, which permits public access and/or reproduction or use of the TomTom Software. In the event that such exemption is challenged under any such laws, this Agreement shall be considered breached and any and all right to retain any copies or to use the TomTom Software shall be terminated and considered immediately null and void. Any copies of the TomTom Software held by you shall immediately be destroyed. If any court of competent jurisdiction considers this clause void and unenforceable, in whole or in part, for any reason, this Agreement shall be considered terminated and null and void, in its entirety, and any and all copies of the TomTom Software shall immediately be destroyed.
- You acknowledge that the use of the TomTom Software with a non-TomTom map may result in increased variance between the location displayed on the map and ground truth location.
- You shall not provide display or allow access to the actual numerical latitude and longitude coordinates of the TomTom Software.
- You are prohibited from using the TomTom Software (i) to create mailing lists or (ii) for other such similar uses.
- TomTom shall be a third party beneficiary of TeleNav's rights under this Agreement.
© 2006 – 2013 TomTom. All rights reserved. This material is proprietary and the subject of copyright protection and other intellectual property rights owned or licensed to TomTom. TomTom is an authorized user of selected Statistics Canada computer files and distributor of derived information products under Agreement number 6776. The product is sourced in part from Statistics Canada computer files, including 2010 Road Network File (RNF), 92-500-G and 2006 Census Population and Dwelling Count Highlight Tables, 97-550-XWE2006002. The product includes information copied with permission from Canadian authorities, including © Canada Post Corporation, GeoBase®, and Department of Natural Resources Canada, All rights reserved. The use of this material is subject to the terms of a License Agreement. You will be held liable for any unauthorized copying or disclosure of this material.
FORD: If you are using AT&T Navigation Services with Ford’s SYNC AppLink: (1) you allow Ford Motor Company to access your vehicle GPS hardware and send your GPS location to AT&T and TeleNav so that TeleNav may record, compile and display GPS location and route information internally, to provide the applicable AT&T Navigation Services; and (2) your use of AT&T Navigation Services with Ford’s SYNC AppLink indicates your consent to Ford Motor Company accessing your vehicle GPS along with the serial number of the SYNC module, and sharing your GPS with TeleNav and AT&T (for information on SYNC, see your Owners Guide). If you do not want Ford to access your vehicle GPS, do not use AT&T Navigation Services with Ford SYNC AppLink.