Internet Security Suite automatically updates when your computer is connected to the Internet and an active Internet Security Suite account is found.
To verify that Internet Security Suite is up to date on your Windows PC, follow these steps:
- Check that your computer is connected to the Internet.
- In your system tray, which is usually located at the bottom right of your computer screen, right-click the McAfee icon. The McAfee icon will appear as an M, a shield, or both.
- If you can't see the icon, select the arrowhead to display the hidden icons.
- If the McAfee icon is not located in your taskbar, search for it by opening the Start menu and then selecting All Programs.
- If you cannot find McAfee on your computer, you will need to download it again.
- Select Update Security. The McAfee Agent Updater window appears with a display of the update's progress.
- When the update is completed, you can either select Close or the window will automatically close after several seconds.