Compare iPhone models
1. The display has rounded corners that follow a beautiful curved design, and these corners are within a standard rectangle. When measured as a standard rectangular shape, the screen is 5.85 inches (iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone XS, iPhone X), 6.46 inches (iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone XS Max), or 6.06 inches (iPhone 11, iPhone XR) diagonally. Actual viewable area is less.
2. All battery claims depend on network configuration and many other factors; actual results will vary. Battery has limited recharge cycles and may eventually need to be replaced by Apple service provider. Battery life and charge cycles vary by use and settings. See apple.com/batteries and apple.com/iphone/battery.html for more information.
3. iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, and iPhone 11 are splash, water, and dust resistant and were tested under controlled laboratory conditions; iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max have a rating of IP68 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 4 meters up to 30 minutes); iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone 11 have a rating of IP68 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 2 meters up to 30 minutes); and iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, and iPhone XR have a rating of IP67 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 1 meter up to 30 minutes). Splash, water, and dust resistance are not permanent conditions and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user guide for cleaning and drying instructions. Liquid damage not covered under warranty.
4. Available space is less and varies due to many factors. A standard configuration uses approximately 11GB to 14GB of space (including iOS and preinstalled apps) depending on the model and settings. Preinstalled apps use about 4GB, and you can delete these apps and restore them. Storage capacity subject to change based on software version and may vary by device.
5. Size and weight vary by configuration and manufacturing process.
6. Data plan required. Gigabit-class LTE, LTE Advanced, LTE, VoLTE, and Wi-Fi calling are available in select markets and through select carriers. Speeds are based on theoretical throughput and vary based on site conditions and carrier. For details on LTE support, contact AT&T and see apple.com/iphone/LTE.
7. Ultra Wideband availability varies by region. See apple.com/ios/feature‑availability for details.
8. Qi wireless chargers sold separately.
9. Testing conducted by Apple in August 2017 using preproduction iPhone X, iPhone 8, and iPhone 8 Plus units and software, and in August 2018 using preproduction iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR units and software, with accessory Apple USB-C Power Adapters (18W Model A1720, 29W Model A1540, 30W Model A1882, 61W Model A1718, 87W Model A1719). Testing conducted by Apple in August 2019 using preproduction iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max units and software and accessory Apple USB-C Power Adapters (18W Model A1720, 29W Model A1540, 30W Model A1882, 61W Model A1947 and 87W Model A1719). Testing conducted by Apple in February 2020 using preproduction iPhone SE (2nd generation) units and software and accessory Apple USB-C Power Adapters (18W Model A1720 and 30W Model A1882). Fast-charge testing conducted with drained iPhone units. Charge time varies with environmental factors; actual results will vary.
10. Use of eSIM requires a wireless service plan (which may include restrictions on switching service providers and roaming, even after contract expiration). Not all carriers support eSIM. Use of eSIM in iPhone may be disabled when purchased from some carriers. See your carrier for details. To learn more, visit support.apple.com/kb/HT209044.