- Locate your IMEI and SIM (ICCID) numbers. To easily access your IMEI number, simply press *#06# on your phone keypad.
- Transfer your contacts, photos, and videos from your old device to your new device.
- Keep your old SIM card until you’ve completed all activation steps.
Now you're ready to activate your device
1. Start with your new device powered off.
2. Choose from the following options:
If you're a new customer and not transferring your number from another provider, skip to Step 3.
If you're transferring your number from another provider, or activating a new or replacement device, please go to the AT&T Phone Activation site.
3. Insert your new SIM into your device.
4. Turn on your phone and make a test call or try connecting to the Internet or using your email.
5. Set up voicemail.
Go to Set up Visual Voicemail to create a voicemail password and greeting.
If you've recently changed your device or SIM card, you may need your existing voicemail password to set up voicemail on your new device. Forgot your password? Go to Reset voicemail password page.
6. Go to Device Support to learn how to use and troubleshoot your device:
● Set up your email.
● Get help with common issues like blocking unwanted calls or accessing the Internet.
● Manage settings for data usage, Wi-Fi, and Hotspots.