internet out to you
$59.99/mo. plus taxes when bundled
Download, surf, and stream with confidence
AT&T Fixed Wireless Internet delivers high-speed Internet service to eligible rural households and small
businesses via an outdoor antenna and indoor Wi-Fi® gateway router.
With 10Mbps internet, you can:
- Connect multiple devices via wired Ethernet or Wi-Fi.
- Stream music and video and connect on social networking.
- Download 10 songs in 34 seconds, or a 90-minute HD movie in under 53 minutes.*
Frequently asked questions
- What is AT&T Fixed Wireless Internet?AT&T Fixed Wireless Internet is a wireless internet service for customers living in select rural areas who cannot get a traditional AT&T Internet service. All we need to do is come by to install your wireless equipment and an antenna to connect you. A professional installer will confirm sufficient signal strength at your location before installation.
- How fast is AT&T Fixed Wireless Internet?Expect speeds of at least 10 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload. Customers typically experience download speeds of 25Mbps.#
Data speeds can and will vary depending upon various factors:
- • In home Wi-Fi® isn't as fast as a wired connection to your Home Wi-Fi Gateway. Use a wired (Ethernet) connection for the best results.
- • Multiple devices sharing your internet connection can reduce your internet speed.
- • Internet speed can be affected by factors such as weather, interference from trees, buildings, hills, etc., and network capacity. Learn more at att.com/speed101 and att.com/broadbandinfo.
# Service performance may be affected by the customer’s proximity to a cell site, capacity of the cell site, number of other users connected to the same cell site, surrounding terrain, radio frequency interference, applicable network management practices, and applications used. Typical speeds are not guaranteed and individual results will vary.
- What kinds of Internet activities does AT&T Fixed Wireless Internet support?AT&T Fixed Wireless Internet supports standard Internet activities including streaming HD video and music, online gaming, social media, web surfing, and email.
Bringing internet service to select rural areas
AT&T Fixed Wireless Internet provides wireless internet service to homes and businesses in eligible rural areas where other forms of AT&T Internet service may not be available. It works using an outdoor antenna, which connects to an indoor Wi-Fi gateway.
Getting AT&T Fixed Wireless Internet
If you’re interested in getting AT&T Fixed Wireless Internet, AT&T will send an expert to assess your home or business and see if it is eligible for the service. Assuming your home or business is eligible, an installer will come to set up an outdoor antenna, as well as an indoor Wi-Fi Gateway. Once the installation is complete, you should then be able to connect to the internet.
To begin this process, go here to see if the service might be available at your address.
What to expect from AT&T Fixed Wireless service
AT&T Fixed Wireless Internet customers can expect download speeds of at least 10 Mbps, and uploads speeds of about 1 Mbps. Those speeds should support typical internet activities, such as streaming HD video, using social media, online gaming, and streaming music.
It’s also important to note that your speed could vary, depending on a few important factors, including how many devices you are using at a time, the weather conditions in the area, and possible signal obstructions.