Expanding fiber in America
AT&T Fiber is available in some of the largest metro areas in the country—84 and counting. And we’re always working to expand our 100% fiber network.
Why AT&T Fiber?
You get our fastest upload and download speeds, the latest Wi-Fi® technology, and more for a price you'll love:
- AT&T Internet #1 in customer satisfaction over other major cable internet providers.
- Over 99% internet reliability.
- 100% fiber network.
2 services. 1 combined bill.
Bundle TV with your current AT&T Internet plan and combine two essential services on one monthly bill.
Frequently asked questions
- What is AT&T Fiber?AT&T Fiber offers technology that powers our fastest internet service with ultra-fast upload and download speeds and enough bandwidth to support all your devices.
Internet powered by AT&T Fiber offers technology that increases network speed and capabilities—so you can do everything you need on the internet faster!
Fiber technology uses light waves instead of electrical signals to transmit data, and distance from the network is no longer a limiting factor. Because of this, customers on the network have higher speeds available to them, regardless of their distance from a network node.
- Why are some AT&T Internet speeds only available in certain areas?Our fastest speeds are available over our 100% fiber optic network. We are rapidly building out our network in areas we serve, and we have committed to making fiber available to 12.5 million homes by 2019.
If our Fiber network hasn’t made it to your neighborhood yet, you may be eligible for one of our alternative internet services, which operate via a copper-based or fixed-wireless network. AT&T uses a variety of technologies to deliver reliable internet across the country.
Distance is one factor that limits the availability of some Internet speeds on copper-based networks. Copper-based networks transmit data by using electrical signals, which weaken as they travel over a distance. The further away you are from a network node, the slower the max speed available. If your neighbor down the street can get faster internet than you, distance may be a factor.
- Can I use my own Wi-Fi Router?Although you could set up your own router, you’ll miss out on some great features:
• Our 24/7 support centers can troubleshoot Wi-Fi® issues that occur with routers we issue, but they can’t help with third-party routers or extenders.
• You’ll have access to our Smart Home Manager app to monitor and control your Wi-Fi network and manage connected devices. The app is only compatible with AT&T Wi-Fi Gateways.
• Third-party router support is offered through ConnecTech.