For that, there’s only one choice—super-fast AT&T Internet powered by our 100% fiber network.
Expanding fiber in AmericaAT&T Fiber is available in some of the largest metro areas in the country—84 and counting. And we’re always working to expand our 100% fiber network.
Current AT&T Fiber map
Availability limited to select areas. May not be available in your area.
Current Google Fiber Internet map
Google Fiber Internet coverage map taken from Google.com, November 1, 2019.
Why AT&T Fiber?
You get our fastest upload and download speeds, the latest Wi-Fi® technology, and more for a price you'll love:
- AT&T Internet #1 in customer satisfaction over other major cable internet providers.
- Over 99% internet reliability.
- 100% fiber network.
Bundle and saveSave $10/month on internet when you bundle DIRECTV or AT&T TVSM with our 100% fiber network.
Frequently asked questions
- What is AT&T Fiber?AT&T Fiber℠ offers technology that powers our fastest internet service with ultra-fast upload and download speeds and enough bandwidth to support all your devices.
Internet powered by AT&T Fiber offers technology that increases network speed and capabilities—so you can do everything you need on the internet faster!
Fiber technology uses light waves instead of electrical signals to transmit data, and distance from the network is no longer a limiting factor. Because of this, customers on the network have higher speeds available to them, regardless of their distance from a network node.
- Why are some AT&T Internet speeds only available in certain areas?Our fastest speeds are available over our 100% fiber optic network. We are rapidly building out our network in areas we serve, and we have committed to making fiber available to 12.5 million homes by 2019.
If our Fiber network hasn’t made it to your neighborhood yet, you may be eligible for one of our alternative internet services, which operate via a copper-based or fixed-wireless network. AT&T uses a variety of technologies to deliver reliable internet across the country.
Distance is one factor that limits the availability of some Internet speeds on copper-based networks. Copper-based networks transmit data by using electrical signals, which weaken as they travel over a distance. The further away you are from a network node, the slower the max speed available. If your neighbor down the street can get faster internet than you, distance may be a factor.
- Can I use my own Wi-Fi Router?Although you could set up your own router, you’ll miss out on some great features:
• Our 24/7 support centers can troubleshoot Wi-Fi® issues that occur with routers we issue, but they can’t help with third-party routers or extenders.
• You’ll have access to our Smart Home Manager app to monitor and control your Wi-Fi network and manage connected devices. The app is only compatible with AT&T Wi-Fi Gateways.
• Third-party router support is offered through ConnectTech.
- How much data is included with my AT&T Internet Service?Over the last few years we′ve experienced a dramatic increase in the amount of data being sent over our network. Most of this increase has been driven by only a small percentage of our network′s users. So to keep the online experience as optimal as possible for all of our customers, most of our internet plans come with a monthly data allowance.
Most AT&T Internet plans come with a data allowance of 1TB of data per month. These plans offer far more data than the average person ever uses. Internet 1000 comes with unlimited data.
If you get close to your monthly data allowance, we′ll notify you several times. If you happen to exceed your data allowance for a third time, we′ll automatically add 50GB for $10 to your monthly data limit, not to exceed a maximum of $100. You can purchase an unlimited data allowance for $30 a month.
However, by maintaining a bundle of TV and internet on a combined bill, you will receive unlimited internet data allowance at no additional charge.
- How do I claim and use the Reward Card?If your purchase qualified for an AT&T Visa® Reward Card, you will be sent a letter or email with the redemption requirements. Redemption is required within 75 days from the reward notification mail or email date. The Reward Card is delivered within 3-4 weeks after redeeming it to those customers who maintain qualifying service from the installation date and throughout reward fulfillment. The card expires at the end of the current month 6 months from the date it was issued. No cash access. You can use the reward card anywhere Visa® is accepted.
- Will my monthly AT&T Internet service rate increase after a few months?New Internet customers who bundle AT&T Internet with another qualifying AT&T service will enjoy every day simple pricing. Customers who do not have any other AT&T qualifying services will experience a $10 per month price increase after the first 12 months.