For a long medical facility stay, imprisonment, or death, think about the options below. Also, learn what to do when managing a deceased family member’s account.Transfer billing responsibility
Learn how to transfer billing responsibility
. The new owner then assumes any account liability, bill, and installment agreement.Cancel or temporarily suspend service
To cancel or suspend service for up to six months at a reduced rate, contact us
.Manage account for deceased family member
We offer our sincerest condolences during this difficult time.
- When contacting us, please provide the account owner's name and the wireless security passcode.
- Early termination and/or transfer of billing responsibility fees won't be charged on the deceased family member's line of service.
- If the account owner is deceased, installment agreements may be adjusted for all lines of service.
- If the deceased was a wireless user on the account, installment agreements may be adjusted for a single wireless line.
- The account balance is the responsibility of the estate.
- You need to transfer of billing responsibility to keep the wireless number with AT&T service. The account can't remain active under the name and Social Security number of the deceased person, except for customers living in Oklahoma.