Your Social Security number or
the name associated with your
current cell plan.
Your current account number
and the PIN or password if
If you’re bringing your own
device, you’ll also need the
AT&T SIM card we’ve sent you.
Find out if your number is eligible
Enter your 10-digit phone number to see if it can be transferred when you switch to AT&T.
Your current phone service will work
until you authorize the transfer and
the process is complete.
Checking your eligibility will not
affect your current/existing
Numbers not associated with a
wireless device and current AT&T
numbers are not eligible for transfer.
Frequently asked questions
- How do I transfer my number?
It’s easy to bring your number when you order online. Just tell us your wireless account information at checkout, and we’ll confirm with your wireless provider that your number can be moved to AT&T.
1. Choose Keep my number at checkout.
2. Enter the phone number you want to bring to AT&T.
3. Verify and add your carrier information. Be sure to enter it correctly so we can process the request. If there are errors in the information you enter it may delay the number transfer. Online orders will be canceled if not resolved.
- What information do I need to start the transfer?
You’ll need the following information for verification purposes:
- Account holder’s Social Security number.
- The 9 – 18 digital account number from your current carrier.
- Passcode or PIN, if applicable, for your current carrier account.
You may need to establish or reset your PIN in order to complete the transfer.
We'll ship your new phone or SIM card. Once it arrives, you will be able to activate your service and complete your transfer.
For common issues, please see “What if I run into an issue?”
- What should I expect after I’ve given you my account information?Once we have your account information, we’ll begin to work with your current carrier to approve the number transfer. We won't officially bring your phone number to AT&T until you authorize the transfer and the process is complete.
Here are a few things to know:
- If we can't confirm your transfer immediately, we'll work with your current wireless company and email you when we have an update. Please check your email in case we need you to take additional steps.
- Your current service will continue to work until you authorize us to transfer your number to AT&T and the transfer is complete.
- Don’t cancel your current wireless service. Your number must be active so we can bring it to AT&T. We'll contact you if we need more information or if there is a problem.
- When you activate, you may experience "mixed service" for up to 4 hours. This means your old device may receive calls while your new device can make calls. This is due to the time it takes for your phone number to move through all the systems between your current wireless company and AT&T. SMS/MMS messages could take up to 8 hours to work properly while this happens.
- Data will work on your new phone immediately after you activate.